Stop Improvising and Start Innovating
As preferred by OSHA, engineered fall protection eliminates fall risks rather than relying on increased administration and training to manage risks. Spika’s customization process creates perfect access solutions with 100% fall prevention, thereby enabling technicians to readily perform necessary tasks instead of spending time and labor mitigating fall risks. Stop improvising and start innovating with access solutions tailored to your goals. Spika Design & Manufacturing provides the best designs in the industry backed by a ten-year warranty.
• All Aluminum Welding – Compliant with AWS D1.2 Standards
• Clean Room Compliance – Multiple Classes
• Class I Division I Compliance
• Powder Coating
• MIL-DTL-5541 Chem Coating (supplied by a subcontractor)
• Type I, Type II, Class 1A, and Class 3 Design and Engineering Capabilities
• Solid Modeling – SolidWorks
• FEA Stress Analysis – SolidWorks
• ASCE 7 Compliant Analysis (seismic, wind, rain, snow, impact, etc. as required)
• PMBOK Compliant Project Management Processes – Microsoft Project Scheduling
• MIL-STD-882E Compliant Risk Analysis
• PE License – MT, WA, ID, TX, WY, AL
- NDA – If confidentiality is required, please send a non-disclosure agreement for review and signature before beginning the design process.
- Consultation – A conversation to understand the general scope of the project, capability to meet the needs of the project, as well as a discussion to manage budget and timeline expectations.
- File Exchange(s) – If appropriate, files may be sent for beginning discussion purposes. Preferred files are SolidWorks (.sldasm) however, .STP, .IGES, .DWG and .PDF files can be accepted. As the project progresses, models may be requested for “fit up” next to the desired tool or article.
- Direct Access to Designers – The project moves from the information gathering process to direct one-on-one access with a Spika designer who will work with you as an extension of your business until the project is completed.
- ROM Proposal – A ROM (Rough Order of Magnitude) estimate and an initial drawing will be issued as early in the process as possible, usually within one week depending on the complexity of the project. If acceptable, the design process continues until a final drawing, agreeable to all parties, is rendered. This process can take 2-8 weeks depending on feedback from the client.
- Final Quote – Once the drawing reaches the final stage, a final quote will be issued including shipping, a design fee, and any other services requested, such as FEA, PE stamp, CE certification, onsite setup, risk analysis, factory acceptance test, and project management. This quote is valid for 90 days.
- Purchase – The delivery schedule is established once the PO has been issued. The client will receive a drawing for approval to sign before the project moves into scheduling. The drawing for approval will need to be returned within one week, otherwise scheduling may be impacted.
- Lead Time – 60 to 120 days depending on the extent of customization and schedule availability.
• Completely custom guardrails, 4-side (360 degree) protection or 3-side (270 degree) protection allowing open access to toward the article.
• Telescopic guardrails that lower to accommodate obstacles without losing protection or extend to expand protection over the asset itself or to provide protection from side to side on a wrap-around system.
• Tool-free detachable guardrails that self-store on deck for easy reconfiguration when needed, or fold down for storage.
• Custom deck shapes and features capable of conforming to odd profiles or complex interfaces with less than a one-inch gap as defined by OSHA.
• Automatic locking slider decks that extend individually to provide seamless conformance to any contour with a nearly flush transition from deck to slider deck surface.
• Custom designs for perfect positioning to the article for a single point of task access, access along the full-length of an article or complete wrap-around accessibility.
Reach the Impossible
• Overcome obstacles or interferences at the ground level safely and securely while reaching access points.
• Electric actuation for effortless height control capable of vertical travel from 12 to 96 inches or more. Custom actuation also available to lift, expand or extend a deck or portion of a deck to meet access goals.
• Custom designs for technicians working in recumbency, prone or semi-prone positions.
Easy to Use
• Intuitive design and simplicity of use ensure employee safety compliance, no PPE requirements.
• Only requires one or two people to move due to the lightweight aluminum structure on industrial 8-inch dual disc casters that do not skid, require 35% less force to initiate movement, lock quickly and securely once in place.
• 100% troubleshooting support and customer satisfaction.
• Environmental restrictions such as ESD, clean room, vacuum chamber, explosion risk, etc.
• Prevent damage to equipment and potential for worker head injuries with mechanically attached bumpers and under-deck foam as well as toeboards to prevent tools falling on the asset.
• Stabilizing features available include floor leveling jacks, floor locks, electric lifting columns or fixtures for attaching the platform to the article being accessed.
• No slip, no bounce, no sway for confidence while working. Sure-footed traction provided by Spika’s extruded plank deck allows technicians to lay or kneel comfortably as they work.
• Improve task performance and technician comfort with efficiency and ergonomic upgrades.
• Virtually maintenance-free, occasional inspections recommended.
We make sure you’re happy with your purchase. Don’t hesitate to let us know what we can do for you.
– Tom Spika, President & Co-Founder