Fixed Height • Reconfigurable Guardrails • Mobility
Spika’s Union Series allows one to work intuitively and more ergonomically when compared to the alternative of a ladder which requires three points of contact at all times to be compliant. Quick and easy to roll into place and customized to specifications for exact height and width, the Union offers a number of upgrade options including adjustable guardrails and tool trays as listed below.
Modify one of Spika’s All Access Work Platform Series as a starting point
or visit with a sales associate to design a completely custom system tailored to your needs.
• All Aluminum Welding – Compliant with AWS D1.2 Standards
• Clean Room Compliance – Multiple Classes
• Class I Division I Compliance
• Powder Coating
• MIL-DTL-5541 Chem Coating (supplied by a subcontractor)
• Type I, Type II, Class 1A, and Class 3 Design and Engineering Capabilities
• Solid Modeling – SolidWorks
• FEA Stress Analysis – SolidWorks
• ASCE 7 Compliant Analysis (seismic, wind, rain, snow, impact, etc. as required)
• PMBOK Compliant Project Management Processes – Microsoft Project Scheduling
• MIL-STD-882E Compliant Risk Analysis
• PE License – MT, WA, ID, TX, WY, AL
• Prevent falls and avoid incompliance with Spika’s adjustable guardrails that lower to safely accommodate overhead obstructions without requiring guardrails to be removed.
• Maintain OSHA compliance with stairs that maintain consistent step distance, significantly reducing trip potential.
• Work assuredly with self-closing safety gates.
• Eliminate gaps in access with Spika’s optional automatic locking slider decks that extend individually to provide seamless conformance to any contour.
• Trip hazard greatly reduced with the nearly flush transition from deck to slider deck surface.
• 100% fall prevention achieved with stair platforms customized to your needs for optimum access and conformance.
• Only requires one person to move due to the lightweight aluminum structure on industrial 8-inch dual disc casters that do not skid, require 35% less force to initiate movement, lock quickly and securely once in place.
• Easily remove guardrails for reconfiguration without using tools, rails conveniently self-store on deck.
• Virtually maintenance-free, occasional inspections recommended.
• Intuitive design and simplicity of use ensure employee safety compliance, no PPE requirements.
• 100% troubleshooting support and customer satisfaction.
• Prevent damage to equipment and potential for worker head injuries with mechanically attached bumpers and under-deck foam.
• Stair platforms tested to 4X the maximum intended load.
• Spika’s guardrails, both rigid and camlocked, withstand 200 lbs. of side force.
• Automatic locking mechanism for optional Thinline extension deck sliders provides up to 270 lbs. of holding force.
• 4-inch toe boards prevent tools from falling on the article or personnel.
• Improve task performance and technician comfort with efficiency and ergonomic upgrades.
• No slip, no bounce, no sway for confidence while working.
Vertically adjustable handrails lower to 28″ to accommodate overhead interferences without being removed, while horizontally adjustable rails extend to cover gaps.
Rail mounted, removable trays for working at a comfortable level where needed and fold away when not needed, standard 9″ x 36″ or customized to specifications.
Integrated Cabinets and Drawers
Maximize storage with standard or locking cabinets integrated into the platform.
Air and Electric Supply
Connect air tools and electrical equipment directly to the onboard utility supply. Optional retractable reels eliminate excess hose and potential trip hazards.
Integrated Task Lighting
Task lighting wired directly to the deck for working underneath or pole mounted above the deck for overall illumination.
Add additional stabilizing features with upgrades like floor leveling jacks (shown), floor locks, electric lifting columns or fixtures for attaching the platform to the article being accessed.
Deck Extension Toeboards
Add 4″ toeboards to deck extension sliders to prevent tools from falling, preventing damage to equipment or possible injury.
Anti-Fatigue Deck Mat
Increase the comfort by adding an anti-fatigue mat to the deck.
Full Powder Coat or Custom Color
Durable UV protected powder coating from top to bottom is available, including custom colors to match your facility.
Upgrade all onboard utilities for use or storage outdoors.
Clean Room Compliant
Platforms can be customized to meet clean room restrictions.
Electric Static Discharge (ESD)
Platforms can be customized to offset electric static discharge.
Platforms can be customized to meet environmental restrictions to prevent explosions.
Platforms can be customized to meet vacuum chamber restrictions.
Alternative Deck Surfaces
Upgrade to self-draining deck tread, ideal for platforms used outdoors, in blasting areas, or in operations utilizing water, oil, or other liquids.
We make sure you’re happy with your purchase. Don’t hesitate to let us know what we can do for you.
– Tom Spika, Founder of Spika Design & Manufacturing