Universal Platform | Repositions Easily for Use on Either Side
Spika’s daily maintenance stands provide efficient and safe access for technicians during skidded helicopter maintenance operations. The Skid-Type Helicopter Maintenance Stand supports access to, and inspection and maintenance of, the Bell 206 Jet Ranger, OH-58 Kiowa and other similarly sized aircraft, including the R22 and EC135. Spika-designed rotating inboard outriggers provide unequaled stability while making repositioning over skids hassle-free. Spika’s platforms utilize manual screw actuators to provide 24” (61 cm) of height adjustability while cam locked guardrails allow techs to remove and reconfigure guardrails in seconds. Safety gates, OSHA-compliant fall protection, and under-deck foam provide technicians with the safest, most efficient access platform on the market. Tool-free versions are available and require no tools to assemble or disassemble, support consolidated crating and quick assembly and disassembly for transport.
• Spika’s OSHA compliant guardrails attach to any side, permanently bolted or camlock attached for easy reconfiguration. Rails withstand up to 200 lbs. of side force.
• Ladder enables user to set the preferred ergonomic pitch at any height. Ladder’s handrails provide a stronghold for ascending and descending.
• Work assuredly with self-closing safety gates.
• Eliminate gaps in access with a deck sized to specification.
• Optional adjustable guardrails lower to accommodate overhead interferences and extend to cover gaps.
• 100% fall prevention achieved with work platforms customized to your needs for optimum access and conformance.
• Only requires one or two people to move due to the lightweight aluminum structure on industrial 8-inch dual disc casters that do not skid, require 35% less force to initiate movement, lock quickly and securely once in place.
• Reduce labor by half while raising and lowering platform via Spika’s linked jacks.
• Easily remove guardrails and ladder for reconfiguration without using tools, rails, and ladder conveniently self-store on deck.
• Virtually maintenance-free, occasional inspections recommended.
• Intuitive design and simplicity of use ensure employee safety compliance, no PPE requirements.
• Lifetime warrantied bushings inside telescopic leg assemblies provide safe, smooth, controlled high-capacity operation for ease of use.
• Attain unobstructed, ground level access to equipment underneath platforms with Spika’s clear-span design.
• 100% troubleshooting support and customer satisfaction.
• Prevent damage to equipment and potential for worker head injuries with mechanically attached bumpers and under-deck foam.
• Platforms tested to 4X the maximum intended load.
• No possibility of back driving with Spika’s in-house manufactured acme thread screw actuators.
• 4-inch toe boards prevent tools from falling on the article or personnel.
• Improve task performance and technician comfort with efficiency and ergonomic upgrades.
• No slip, no bounce, no sway for confidence while working.
• Sure-footed traction provided by Spika’s extruded plank deck allows users to lay or kneel comfortably while working.
• Easily reconfigured and flexible footprint as ladder repositions to attach at multiple points on the platform.
Upgrade from manual to electric actuation. Supplied via a 12V battery or 110V power cord, or any other voltage requested. Spika’s synchronized actuators ensure uneven loads raise and lower at the same rate.
Vertically adjustable handrails lower to 28″ to accommodate overhead interferences without being removed, while horizontally adjustable rails extend to cover gaps.
Rail mounted, removable trays for working at a comfortable level where needed and fold away when not needed, standard 9″ x 36″ or customized to specifications.
Integrated Cabinets and Drawers
Maximize storage with standard or locking cabinets integrated into the platform.
Air and Electric Supply
Connect air tools and electrical equipment directly to the onboard utility supply. Optional retractable reels eliminate excess hose and potential trip hazards.
Integrated Task Lighting
Task lighting wired directly to the deck for working underneath or pole mounted above the deck for overall illumination.
Add additional stabilizing features with upgrades like floor leveling jacks (shown), floor locks, electric lifting columns or fixtures for attaching the platform to the article being accessed.
Anti-Fatigue Deck Mat
Increase the comfort by adding an anti-fatigue mat to the deck.
Full Powder Coat or Custom Color
Durable UV protected powder coating from top to bottom is available, including custom colors to match your facility.
Upgrade all onboard utilities for use or storage outdoors.
Clean Room Compliant
Platforms can be customized to meet clean room restrictions.
Electric Static Discharge (ESD)
Platforms can be customized to offset electric static discharge.
Platforms can be customized to meet environmental restrictions to prevent explosions.
Platforms can be customized to meet vacuum chamber restrictions.
Alternative Deck Surfaces
Upgrade to self-draining deck tread, ideal for platforms used outdoors, in blasting areas, or in operations utilizing water, oil, or other liquids.
We make sure you’re happy with your purchase. Don’t hesitate to let us know what we can do for you.
– Tom Spika, President & Co-Founder